Thursday, December 4, 2014

Lady Gaga
American singer Lady Gaga has revealed that as a teenager she was raped by a music producer who was 20 years older than her.

When asked about the rape on ‘The Howard Stern Show’, Lady Gaga initially said: “I don’t…I don’t want to… Happy times! Let’s talk about happy things!”

The 28-year-old singer admitted that she went through some horrific things when she was 19 and relied on a lot of mental and physical therapy to help her to heal.

“I went through some horrific things that I’m able to laugh [at] now, because I’ve gone through a lot of mental and physical therapy and emotional therapy to heal over the years.  My music has been wonderful for me. But you know, I was a shell of my former self at one point. I was not myself.  To be fair, I was about 19. I went to Catholic school and then all this crazy stuff happened, and I was going, ‘Oh, is this just the way adults are?’…I was very naïve,” she stated.

Asked if she had ever confronted the rapist who was 20 years older than her, she explained that that would terrify and paralyse her.

“I saw him one time in a store and I was so paralysed by fear. Because it wasn’t until I was a little bit older that I went, ‘Wow, that was really messed up.’

The blonde beauty, who is dating actor Taylor Kinney, didn’t tell anybody about the incident at the time but eventually decided to seek help.

“I don’t know what I was thinking. I didn’t tell anybody.  And I didn’t even tell myself for the longest time. And then I was like, You know what? All this drinking and all this nonsense, you have to go to the source, otherwise it just won’t go away. It will not go away,” Lady Gaga said.

Credits: Daily Mail

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unordered List

recent

Sample Text

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Advert

Video Of Day

Find Us On Facebook

Ad 300x250
Powered By Blogger

Recent Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

About Me

My Photo
I am a Creative Arts Writer who is also into Strategic Communications, Public Relations, Photography and IT consultancy. I am also Social media enthusiast and an alumni of the Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ).

Video Of Day

The Girl Child: “Our Rights Our Future, The time is now!”

  Esther Adobea Akuamoah Although all human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights; irrespective of gender, age, social status...

Search This Blog

Live Traffic Feed

Ordered List

Advertisement

Ad 300x250

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Live Traffic Feed

I am a Creative Arts Writer who is also into Strategic Communications, Public Relations, Photography and IT consultancy. I am also Social media enthusiast and an alumni of the Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ).

Text Widget