Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Brenya
Ghanaian rapper Brenya has stated that he had to shelve his University degree, as well as an opportunity to work in a prominent corporate firm, so as to build his music career.

The rapper, known in real life as Kwasi Brenya Baah, is a graduate of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) and has a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.

“I had to sacrifice my Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and recruitment by a very prominent firm right out of school for music, because I believed more than anything that I had a story to tell. My family thinks I should work and do the music part-time; but I see this music thing as a full time job and want to concentrate on this and nothing else,” Brenya said.

According to him, he derives inspiration from good music which serves as blueprints for him to follow in his music career.

“When I listen to good music, I get inspired to produce works that can match them. I don’t work from a vacuum. I know the blueprint is already there and all I have to do is find those who take the craft seriously and study their works and try to outdo that. By so doing, my works stand out and come out very good,” he added.

Brenya is currently in the studio working with ASEM and Kofi Knaata among others. He is set to release the video for his new single ‘Barikisu.’

“I am trying not to use the collaborations too much because I feel I have to work and make good music and more people will like to work with me. I am releasing a video for my new single ‘Barikisu’, which is on heavy rotation now across major radio stations,” he disclosed.

The talented artiste claims he does not believe in competition when it comes to music because his sole aim is to please the people who listen to his music and not his fellow musicians.

“I see it as a market and if you bring the best product, people will flock to it. It’s about knowing what the people want to listen to at every point in time and serving them nothing but that. They are the taste-makers. The more you satisfy them, the more hits you gather in your catalogue.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unordered List

recent

Sample Text

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Advert

Video Of Day

Find Us On Facebook

Ad 300x250
Powered By Blogger

Recent Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

About Me

My Photo
I am a Creative Arts Writer who is also into Strategic Communications, Public Relations, Photography and IT consultancy. I am also Social media enthusiast and an alumni of the Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ).

Video Of Day

The Girl Child: “Our Rights Our Future, The time is now!”

  Esther Adobea Akuamoah Although all human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights; irrespective of gender, age, social status...

Search This Blog

Live Traffic Feed

Ordered List

Advertisement

Ad 300x250

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Live Traffic Feed

I am a Creative Arts Writer who is also into Strategic Communications, Public Relations, Photography and IT consultancy. I am also Social media enthusiast and an alumni of the Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ).

Text Widget