Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Kumi Guitar
Highlife musician Kumi Guitar says he wants to be placed under the group of Ghanaian musicians who stayed away from profane songs.

Nana Yaw Kumi as he is christened believes that most of the great highlife musicians are remembered today by many because of the messages they channel across to their fans.

“Most of the highlife musicians are all sweet musicians and I learn from all of them and that is the type of music I listen to because I feel they carry strong messages, morals in the type of lyrics they use and it encourages me not to do any profane songs. “It tells me that these people were successful because they had good vibes and they sing songs to educate you. I wont any profane song, I pray so and I won’t do it,” Kumi Guitar told NEWS-ONE.

There are just a few Ghanaian musicians like Obrafour, Agya Koo Nimo , Amakye Dede and  George Darko among others  whose names have gone down in the history books for staying away from profane lyrics.

“As it stands, there are few musicians like that and their names are all clean.  I want to be part of that few. I don’t mind if I don’t earn anything because of my stance for now because good name is better than riches. I sing profane songs and make money but at the end of the day, what service will I be rendering to the country ? Some one might look up to me as a mentor and if they want to do what I do, they will listen to my type of   songs. If I’m singing all profane, that person will have no option than to do the same,” he added.

Kumi is currently promoting his new single titled ‘Scriptures’ which features Kwabena Kwabena. He is also working on his debut album which should be ready later in the year.


By Nii Ogbamey Tetteh (email: ogbameytetteh@gmail.com, email: @ogbameytetteh)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unordered List

recent

Sample Text

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Advert

Video Of Day

Find Us On Facebook

Ad 300x250
Powered By Blogger

Recent Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

About Me

My Photo
I am a Creative Arts Writer who is also into Strategic Communications, Public Relations, Photography and IT consultancy. I am also Social media enthusiast and an alumni of the Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ).

Video Of Day

The Girl Child: “Our Rights Our Future, The time is now!”

  Esther Adobea Akuamoah Although all human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights; irrespective of gender, age, social status...

Search This Blog

Live Traffic Feed

Ordered List

Advertisement

Ad 300x250

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Live Traffic Feed

I am a Creative Arts Writer who is also into Strategic Communications, Public Relations, Photography and IT consultancy. I am also Social media enthusiast and an alumni of the Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ).

Text Widget