Monday, March 18, 2013

Ghanaian rap sensation D-Black has attributed the secret behind his success in his music career to a PHD he has.

“I don’t have a social life because I’m always in the studio. Another thing is I pray a lot; I’m hard working and I’m dedicated to what I do. So you can say I have a PHD,” D-Black noted.

According to the PHD (Prayer, Hard work, Dedication) holder who is known in real life as Desmond Kwesi Blackmore, the word impossibility did not exist in his vocabulary. He said so far as he had his PHD, all his dreams would come true.

“I’m a very positive person and nothing to me is impossible. I literally tell myself that I can achieve greatness. As far as I have my PHD, all my dreams will come true,” he said.

The ‘Vera’ hit maker, who has been in the music industry for about three-and-half years now and has two albums attributed to his name, said he went in for the PHD because his greater goal in his life was to be the biggest act from Africa.

D-Black, in an interview with Eddy Blay, recounted that when he started, he preferred the business side of the entertainment industry to the stardom that surrounded it but that preference had since change.

“When I started, I wanted to be an event’s organizer, promoter and an artiste manager but after I teamed up with Kwaku T to do a rap project-which allowed me to explore my talent for- I decided to I could take another step by going solo,” the ‘I Like Girls’ hit maker noted.

D-Black’s first album, ‘Music, Love and Life’, was an immediate hit. He recently signed a $150,000 brand ambassador deal for communication giants Rlg.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unordered List

recent

Sample Text

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Advert

Video Of Day

Find Us On Facebook

Ad 300x250
Powered By Blogger

Recent Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

About Me

My Photo
I am a Creative Arts Writer who is also into Strategic Communications, Public Relations, Photography and IT consultancy. I am also Social media enthusiast and an alumni of the Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ).

Video Of Day

The Girl Child: “Our Rights Our Future, The time is now!”

  Esther Adobea Akuamoah Although all human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights; irrespective of gender, age, social status...

Search This Blog

Live Traffic Feed

Ordered List

Advertisement

Ad 300x250

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Live Traffic Feed

I am a Creative Arts Writer who is also into Strategic Communications, Public Relations, Photography and IT consultancy. I am also Social media enthusiast and an alumni of the Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ).

Text Widget